Conant Metal & Light Terms and Conditions
Your approval of this quote, along with receipt of your deposit, confirms the details of the project as listed on the quote and your acceptance of these terms and conditions. This quote is valid for 30 days. This quote includes handling and packing. Shipping will be charged separately and is FOB our loading dock, Burlington, VT. Items will be shipped upon receipt of payment in full of final invoice. Installation is not included, unless specified otherwise in the quote. This order is not subject to any terms and conditions contained in any other documents, including customer Purchase Orders.
Following receipt of a signed quote and deposit, as required by the scope of the project, CM&L will furnish finish samples and shop drawings of custom work for final approval. The quoted price includes initial finish samples and drawings and one revision.
Any custom projects or customizations that are canceled in writing during or after the design process but before fabrication will be billed for design time at the rate of $120/hour, or by forfeiture of the deposit, whichever is greater. Cancellations are not permitted after production has commenced, including the fabrication of custom subcomponents by CM&L subcontractors.
Changes made following receipt of a signed quote and deposit that involve revisions to price, timeline, quantity, specifications, design, method of packing, or delivery require the customer’s signature on a revised quote. Changes that affect price or timeline require written approval before changes can be made. When a customer requests changes to completed work, the customer will be invoiced as planned for the original scope of work, and will receive a new quote to complete the changes. CM&L will make every effort to prioritize this work.
CM&L retains property rights to all designs, tools, plans, molds, products and processes used in the production of our products, including custom work, and may reuse them in work for other projects and customers.
Finishes and Repurposed Parts
Certain finishes used or surfaces intentionally left raw by CM&L exhibit natural variation and will react over time to the environment. These attributes represent a feature of our work, and do not constitute a defect in manufacture. Also, CM&L uses many repurposed and vintage materials. Individual pieces may vary from previous work or material samples. CM&L recommends that projects with multiple pieces be ordered in complete sets to ensure that finishes and materials match as closely as possible.
Returns and Refunds
- Please inspect all products within 48 hours of receipt to report any damages. Please retain original packaging of any damaged items.
- CM&L merchandise in as-purchased condition may be returned within 30 days of the date of purchase for a full refund. Merchandise in as-purchased condition returned 30 to 90 days from the date of purchase will receive Store Credit only. Merchandise is not returnable after 90 days. Any return shipping is the responsibility of the customer.
- CM&L merchandise found to be defective in materials or workmanship may be returned for a full refund within 12 months from date of purchase. Returned items found to be not defective will be returned to the customer at their expense and the customer will be charged for inspection time.
- CM&L warranty covers only repair or refund of CM&L products. Liability for incidental damages, installation or reinstallation of products under warranty belongs to the customer.
- We cannot accept returns of custom projects built to customer specifications, any fixture that has been installed or modified, or final sale items.
- Special Order merchandise from one of our reputable vendors returned within 30 days will be subject to a 25% (of invoice price) restocking fee, and can only be accepted when returned in the original box with original packing material. Items that have been installed are not returnable. Any return shipping is the responsibility of the customer.
If the performance of a Conant Metal & Light, Inc. product ever falls short of your expectations, let us know immediately. We’ll do all we can to see that your confidence is restored.