Terms and Conditions
Limited Lifetime Guarantee
If the performance of a Conant Metal & Light, Inc. product ever falls short of your expectations, let us know immediately. We’ll do all we can to see that your confidence is restored.
Your approval of this quote, along with receipt of your deposit, confirms the details of the project as listed on the quote and your acceptance of these terms and conditions. This quote is valid for 30 days. Final invoice will be submitted for payment upon completion of work. This order is not subject to any terms and conditions contained in any other documents, including customer Purchase Orders. CM&L accepts payments in cash, check and wire. Payments under $5000 may also be made by Visa, MasterCard or Discover. CM&L does not accept payment by American Express.
Assembly & Installation
On-site assembly is not included unless specified otherwise in the quote. CM&L does not install fixtures; please coordinate installation with your electrician.
Crating, packing and shipping will be charged separately. Items will be shipped upon receipt of full payment of final invoice.
When requested, CM&L will furnish finish samples and shop drawings of custom work for final approval following receipt of a signed quote and deposit. The quoted price includes finish samples, drawings and one revision. Lead times begin upon approval of finish samples and shop drawings and final details.
All products are made to order. Any orders that are canceled in writing after receipt of deposit but before fabrication will be billed for hours worked at the rate of $120/hour, or by forfeiture of the deposit, whichever is greater. Cancellations are not permitted after production has commenced, including the fabrication of subcomponents by CM&L subcontractors.
CM&L will strive to expedite orders as needed to meet our clients’ needs. Rush orders are subject to an upcharge of up to 50% of quote price, plus any additional fees we incur from our vendors.
CM&L will make every effort to complete all work by the expected delivery date. CM&L is not responsible for delays due to factors outside of our control.
Changes made following receipt of a signed quote and deposit that involve revisions to price, timeline, quantity, specifications, design, method of packing, or delivery require the customer’s signature on a revised quote before changes can be made. When a customer requests changes to completed work, the customer will be invoiced as planned for the original scope of work, and will receive a new quote to complete the changes.
CM&L retains property rights to all designs, tools, plans, molds, products and processes used in the production of all work, including custom work, and may reuse them in work for other projects and customers unless specified in the original agreement.
Finishes and Vintage Parts
Certain finishes and materials exhibit natural variation and will react over time to the environment. These attributes do not constitute a defect in manufacturing. When using vintage parts, individual pieces may vary from previous work or material samples. CM&L recommends that projects with multiple pieces be ordered in complete sets to ensure that finishes and materials match as closely as possible.
Storage of Completed Work
CM&L will hold completed work and work on quotes awaiting approval for up to two weeks following customer notification; items left longer than two weeks may be subject to a storage fee of $20/week or $10 per sqft/week for items larger than 2 feet in any dimension. Longer term storage arrangements will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
Storage of Restoration Work
CM&L will provide storage for your antique or restoration item in conjunction with repair and will provide the best solution for your antique restoration project. Due to the nature of antique fixtures and artifacts, CM&L cannot guarantee desired results and will not be held responsible for damages that can occur during the restoration process.
Returns and Refunds
1. Please inspect all products for damage within 48 hours of receipt. Please retain original packaging and take photos of any damaged items.
2. We cannot accept returns of custom projects built to customer specifications, any fixture that has been installed or modified, or final sale items.
3. CM&L as purchased (non-custom) merchandise in as-purchased condition may be returned within 30 days of the date of purchase for a refund. Merchandise in as-purchased condition returned 30 to 90 days from the date of purchase will receive Credit only. Merchandise is not returnable after 90 days. All returns will be subject to a 30% restocking fee. Any return shipping is the responsibility of the customer.
4. CM&L merchandise found to be defective in materials or workmanship may be returned for repair or for a full refund within 12 months from date of purchase.
5. CM&L warranty covers only repair or refund of work produced by CM&L. Liability for incidental damages, installation or re-installation of products under warranty is the responsibility of the customer.
6. Special Order merchandise from one of our reputable vendors returned within 30 days will be subject to a 30% (of invoice price) restocking fee, and can only be accepted when returned in the original box with original packing material. Items that have been installed are not returnable. Any return shipping is the responsibility of the customer.